Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Recursive Reflections

Every one introspects.

I remember reading a quote years ago from Marcel Proust about how introspection drives people insane (and he should know).

We are am caught up in ourselves. My mind is always checking in on itself, it's like a never ending echo.

Thing is, why do we navel gaze? Is it necessarily a bad thing? Is it useful?

Do we learn that much about ourselves or do we end up staring at recursive mirror images of how we imagine ourselves to be? Is introspection just plain vanity?

2 comments:

Nana Podungge said...

Can you imagine if all people in the world never do any introspection of what they have done?
To some extent, I agree, it can drive some people insane ...
Hmmm ...
I do some introspection of what I have done, sometime. Maybe sooner or later I will go insane. :-D

Unknown said...

I suppose every needs to step back and thing aboutthemselves. Problem is when u get caught up in it...